Sunday, February 5, 2012

Football Food Fun

Maybe you didn't notice, but there was a football game on today. Did you watch?

We did. We actually LOVE football. I am a Colts fan, and Mr. Crazy is a Chiefs fan. It was kind of a rough year for both teams("kind of" is perhaps a vast understatment.......)But the Giants are our #2 team, and we both agree on extreme dislike of the Patriots, so we were thrilled with this match-up. Oh, and the outcome was pretty sweet too.

I'm not from Indianapolis, but I've spent a lot of time there, and have many friends and family there. I loved seeing all of the pictures coming out. It's really a fun little city. There are lots of things to see and do, some fun areas, and lots and lots of places to eat and bars to drink in.

We decided to go all-out for the game,...well, as "all-out" as it gets for a family of 4, with 2 young children. I made a little buffet table in the living room, and pretty much let the kids have at it... and have at it they did. I was a little suprised at how much they ate, but hey, isn't that what the SuperBowl is all about?
So, here's what I made

 I made these cheesy garlic breadsticks.... pretty tasty! My youngest child, who loves bread, ate about 1/4 of this himself!


We had some cheesy hot bean dip. YUM! Holy cow, I ate SO much of this. I think this is my new favorite bean dip. I'm definitely going to make this for my older son's birthday party in a few weeks.


We all love devilled eggs, and these football devilled eggs are just SO cute! I did get a pic of the ones that I made, but umm, I haven't figured out how to get pictures on here yet, so that may have to wait.... but seriously, these are so cute and super easy! My mom makes the best devilled eggs, so perhaps I will share her super-secret recipe sometime soon!


For dessert, I made some football brownies. My kids loved them, and were BEGGING to eat them. Unfortunately, I made my icing for the laces to thin, so they looked a little tragic. It was a brownie fail,.. in as much as edible brownies can be a fail... which, in my book is about impossible!

I wanted to get a picture of the little table, but Mr. Crazy and the Crazy Kids attacked it before I got a chance to. We also noshed on some veggies and hummus. Soda is a big treat in our house, and I let the kids drink a little Sierra Mist(cause uhh, I ain't down with the caffeinated kids, if you know what I mean....). As it was, they STILL ran around all sugared-up for a good 45 minutes before they were able to settle down and play quietly.

We're not really into any other sports, so I'm a bit sad that football is done for the next 7 months. Oh well. I'm sure it will be here before I know it.


I've got some things I've made that I'm hoping to post about this week! I'm awfully excited. And hopefully I'll learn about how to post pictures too!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Cheers! Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment